Swirl, Tap & Buff-The Secret to Perfect Skin! ~ Darian Darling: A Guide To Life For Modern Blondes!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Swirl, Tap & Buff-The Secret to Perfect Skin!


I often get asked this specific question..."You're skin always looks amazing! What foundation do you use?". I figured it was about time I let the cat out of the bag. First, I haven't always had clear skin. I had a mild acne problem as a teen and into my early 20's, which was exacerbated by liquid or cream foundations. While most cosmetic companies often claim their products are non-comedogenic (non pore clogging), this isn't always the case. Many ingredients that are included in foundations, concealers, and moisturizers are actually pore clogging....you can't always trust what a company pays their employees to tell you. If you do have sensitive skin that breaks out easily ALWAYS cross-reference the label with this comprehensive list of comedogenic ingredients found here! Luckily I discovered a wonder product many years ago and I haven't had a problem with breakouts since! I know for a fact Australian pop icon Kylie Minogue uses it religiously and requests it on all her photo shoots...and she always looks stunning! It's also popular with a bevy of other blonde beauties.....Are you ready? 

Kylie Minogue


Cameron Diaz


Rebecca Romijn

Darian Darling

 bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation by Bare Essentials 

Yes, that is right! As seen on many a late night infomercial...I use bareMinerals! It really did change my life.  This is the original, award winning mineral makeup and it's overwhelming popularity has made every cosmetic company scramble to cash in on the mineral makeup craze. This foundation gives you an incredibly flawless, even application and picture-perfect skin. Its silky, soft texture looks like a powder, but it feels like a cream and buffs on beautifully without settling into fine lines or drying out the skin. Made with only the purest, highest quality ingredients — and none of the chemicals and preservatives that can irritate skin. I know coming from a makeup artist perspective it sounds totally cheesy but it really works. I like to use two shades; a lighter one in my t-zone and a shade darker around the perimeter of my face. That way it looks more dimensional. I would also recommend that girls with darker complexions choose the matte version. It's a bit frosted, which adds a lovely glow....but they get a bit silver as they get darker. The company motto "It's makeup so pure you can sleep in it.®" really works with my pAArty girl lifestyle.....I can go out all night, pass out in full beat....and have NO GUILT in the morning!!!





1. Swirl a small amount of bareMinerals into the lid with the Flawless Application Brush (for lighter coverage) or the Full Coverage Kabuki Brush (for more coverage) until the bareMinerals are tucked into the bristles. 
2. Tap off excess. bareMinerals should not be visible on the outside of the brush.
3. Buff bareMinerals onto the skin in a swirling, circular motion, starting on the outside of your face near your cheekbones. Then, buff around your face, working your way to the cheeks, forehead, and nose. Buff until you're satisfied with the coverage. Less is more when applying bareMinerals.

Buy it at Sephora

1 comment:

  1. Dear Darian, thanks so much for following me. Great to have found your blog, I love it! I've never seen inside Madonna's apartment and wondered which Lempicka's she owned. I have a couple of prints! myself.

    Very interested to read this post. Someone told me to buy Laura Mercier mineral powder as it makes you look airbrushed. It didn't on me. It accentuated every fine line. On your recommendation I shall give this a try as you say it doesn't. I like the idea of mineral powders and often see this on the infomercials.

    Have a great rest of the weekend. Love Christina xx

    ReplyDelete